1. Hit the downtown area of Lewisburg, PA. This is local to me and some of my favorite spots are located just a few minutes from my home. There are some great shops, restaurants and trails. It truly is a quaint home town.
2. Hit up some local parks, hiking spots and overlooks. Here are just a few of my favorites!
– Montour Preserve
– Rider Park
– Rose Valley Lake
– Fort Hunter Mansion
– Ricketts Glen
3. Wine tour! Do I say more? There are some great wineries in the area and there are a few companies that offer wine buses to find some new wineries and have a safe fun time with your boo.
4. Keep an eye out for carnivals, festivals and fall / summer events. We love finding really unique things to do on the weekends. Apple picking, pickle festivals, brewfests, concerts, you name it, we probably would go!
5. Go to a Penn State game! This is one of my favorite activities on the rare occasion that I get a Saturday off during football season. It’s a top must do in the central PA area.
6. Every couple should experience the Renaissance Festival. It’s kind of a right of passage.
7. If you love animals, I really recommend Lake Tobias. It is such a fun experience, especially if you have children. Another fun spot is Clyde’s Peeling Reptiland.
8. Take a drive up to Wellsboro and see the PA Grand Canyon. It’s a BEAUTIFUL drive into the mountains. I love the town of Wellsboro and there are some cute shops and a few really great restaurants. Head over to the view point after putzing around town and stopping for a bite to eat, you won’t be disappointed!
9. I personally really love day trips to Harrisburg – our capital! It really is a beautiful city and not as hectic as one of the bigger cities, such as Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. Walk around the capital building, head down to the river, there are some great breweries, some amazing shopping and let me tell you, some of the best food in such a small radius!
10. I saved the best for last! KNOEBELS! Duh, right? But let me tell you, I can’t tell you how many times I forget that Knoebels is a super short drive up the mountain and its free to get in. You can walk around, enjoy the sites, food and if you want, purchase some tickets to ride some of your most nostalgic thrillers.
Thanks for following along with some of my favorite date nights in the area – don’t forget to bring your mask along!